Monday, April 20, 2009

....


Lately I have felt nothing but grateful for everything I have. I have a family who is always there for me. The best friends I could ever ask for and the world set in front of me. Sometimes I dont realize how truly lucky I am until I step back and evaluate my life. I was recently talking to a friend about dreams and he said, "NO dream is too big" and I really took that to heart. Im always afraid the things that go on inside my head and heart are too far away and I will never be able to reach them. I believe God puts special desires in all of our hearts, and they wouldnt be there unless we could reach them. I want to live by the beach when I am older and raise a family by the coast. I want to have cute 4th of July block parties and neighborhood friends. I want to get married to an amazing man of God and see the world with him. I want to see the deep jungles of Africa, the gorgeous land of Ireland and the history of Italy. I want to roam the world and see all of Gods creation. I want to be a missionary and do any missions I possibly can. I want to spread the love of God in every thing I do. I want to have a family and be able to support them in all their dreams.

But right now, I need to focus on what IS and not what will be. I want to finish college, get out of Sacramento and start my life. I want to see as much of the world as I can. I want to walk the steps of Jesus. I want to reach those who are unreachable. I want to feed those who are hungry and heal those who are broken. I want God to use me in anything He wishes. I want to be a servant for Him. I want it to be all about Him and not about me at all. I have so much love to give, I want to spread it to the world.

These are the desires of my heart right now. Ive given up all the hurt in my heart and I am waiting for what is to come. But through all of this... I could not ask for more.

1 comment:

  1. "I have so much love to give." :) You do!! I admire that so much. Keep praying and I know God will show you right where He wants you to be. Sometimes "here" is where He wants us, even if it's not where we would like to be. I know He will give you peace about it. I've been struggling with some of the same kinds of things and He's recently showed me these truths...but I have to remind myself and pray about it everyday :/
    Love you and wish we could sit in the rocking chairs on the porch of New Mexico Hall overlooking the mountains and talk :) I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete