Friday, December 6, 2013

things i love in this world

i feel like i am at a pretty big crossroad in life right now. my school schedule has permitted that i have some extra time before i am able to transfer to a university to get my bachelors. while it's exciting, i feel like i have so many options in front of me that i don't know which one is right. i love adventure. i love going new places and exploring. but i also love my family and don't want to miss out any more on the lives of people i love. tonight i was feeling a little desperate so i googled "what do i do with my life" in hopes that somehow a huge beacon of guidance would spill across the google search results and all my life questions would be answered. of course, that did not happen. but what did happen is i found an article that really did help me in a way i didn't really expect.

the article was: 6 powerful questions that will change your life forever. to be honest, i didn't really work past the first question but i did stop and think for a long while about it and i wanted to share some of the things i came up with.

the question was: what do i absolutely love in life? or what do i love about the world? so i thought long and hard and here is what i came up with.
  
 things i love about my world
my mom singing in the morning while she gets ready for work
the sound of my dads motorcycle coming home
laughing with nick
remembering the past with charla and talking about our future "one day some days"
kissing rosie on the head
having smiles returned from strangers
the smell of rain
the warmth of summer on my skin
the love story of my grandma and grandpa
the way i feel when i sing my favorite songs while driving
sitting at restaurants and talking for hours with friends
hearing the people i love laugh
polite drivers
swinging on swings
the sensuality of nighttime
bubble baths
random acts of kindness
the goodness of country music
hearing people from other countries talk about Jesus
watching people buy flowers
paying in exact change
making people laugh
long night drives
cute couples who are in love
watching a really good movie
looking at pictures from long ago
butterflies from someone i like
buying presents for someone i love and the excitement of giving it to them
holding doors open for people
ice cold water
getting into bed after a long tiresome day
the first paycheck from a new job
old books that have had many owners
meeting new people who have lived lives differently than my own
instrumental music that doesn't need lyrics
exploring new cities
writing things that make people feel something
when people ask me for advice
cars with christmas trees tied to the roof
smiling kids from all over the world
the squeeze of hands after a prayer is over
birthdays
the warmth of my home
///

those are just a few (okay, a lot) of things that came to mind. my list could go on forever it seems. but i just wanted to share this with you all and encourage you to make lists of your own. it's easy to get wrapped up in the messiness of life but when it comes down to it there are so many things to love. i might not know where i'm headed. i might not know who i will be come this time next year. but what i do know is that my life isn't anything short of amazing in this phase and season i am in. and right now, that's all i need to worry about. the rest will fall into place. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment