Friday, June 17, 2011

rewind

this week i heard a song. i had bought a soundtrack and it happened to pop on when my ipod was on shuffle. the moment i heard the unqiue sound i was hooked. i looked up the lyrics and they changed me.



It's your time
It's your day
It's never too late
To change lanes
How's your life?
How's your place?
Was it where you wanted
Your head to lay?
But wait, you can breathe
You can see what I can see
Don't waste your time
You can't make back
If you could rewind your time
Would you change your life?
Do you like you?
Do you love your wife?
Or did you pick what
You're told was right?
Dream and be
What you feel
Don't you compromise
What you wanna be
'Cause change is okay
What's the point in staying the same
Regrets, forget what's dead and gone
If you could rewind your time
Would you change your life?
If Jesus rode in on a camel today
With your cross on His shoulder
Time to take you away
Have you done all you wanted?
Are you happy and warm?
Do you miss someone special
You don't see anymore?
Have you blood on your hands?
Do you dream of white sands?
Can you sleep well at night?
Have you done all you can?
The place I was born in
Stays crooked and straight
I see innocent blue eyes
Go blind everyday
Rewind your time
Would you change your life
Today?

this song changed my life in the past few weeks. sometimes God places the strangest things in your life, like a song for example, that can rock your world. it can be EXACTLY what you needed and never expected. after listening to this song last week i made the decision to put in my two weeks notice at a job that has run me dry, bought a plane ticket to florida for a visit for a little under a month to spend time being sixteen again with an old friend, and decided to go back to school full force and graduate. i realized that i wasnt excited about life anymore because i wasnt living anymore. i had been so consumed with what everyone else was doing and how my life didnt add up with theirs. but i forgot that im not everyone else, im not like the rest of the world, because im not a child of this world. i am a daughter of my loving, forgiving, and all-knowing Savior who always protects my heart and has my best interest in mind.

the peace i have today my friends while writing this is indescribable. i feel like this dark, heavy weight thats been on me for the past year has been lifted. im happy again. im excited again. im living again.

i hope this song touches you like it did for me. take a look at your life. dream and be. dont compromise. are you doing what you think is right or what others tell you it is? live each day. we are not in chains to anything. every single day is a new beginning. every single day can be full of resolutions and new starts because every single day He makes us new and every single day is His.








No comments:

Post a Comment