Saturday, April 16, 2011

i remember it as a dream

or a story i read years ago

about a girl afraid of living

and a boy she didn’t even know

but for once this story isn’t a fairy tale


it’s as true as you and me


do you remember that night my love


the night we fell in love fearlessly?


you said let's leave this town


and escape for the night


we'll sneak in before the world even knows


tucked in bed before the suns morning light


you knew my doubts about leaving


and my fear of being free


but you took me by the hand


and whispered, "come away with me"


my heart danced a nervous beat


that my head couldn't decode


so i ran away with my hearts new song


before my mind could tell me no


the highway twisted and turned


and hundreds of trees blurred by


seconds slowed to hours


we were escaping time


we landed on a pebbled shore


with waves dancing to our toes


there we sat in beautiful silence


allowing our hearts to finally show


you knew i was wounded


from pain others had caused


but you took that hurt upon yourself


and love me because i was flawed


and as you had promised

i was in bed before dawn had arrived


sweetly snuggled in dreams of you


feeling my heart beat fully alive


in all those moments


lost in the music with you


all the pain and hurt i had suffered was gone


you made my heart new

i look back on that night, so long ago

the night we loved beautifully

just two kids chasing the world

one longer afraid of being free

No comments:

Post a Comment