Monday, October 25, 2010

sweetly broken

sometimes saying "God is good" isnt enough. i wish i could describe how beautiful He is and how much His love means to me. yesterday i went to church at bridgeway and the service was incredible. i was crying and had the most broken yet joyfilled tears streaming down my face. we sang a song called "sweetly broken" and the words were exactly how i felt. so i wanted to share them.


To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of it's suffering I do drink
Of it's work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is justAt the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love
How great is Your faithfulness

the words of the song really hit close to my heart and i kept singing them over and over in my head even after the worship was over. after the message lance (the pastor) did an alter call. the lights were lowered and the worship leader was playing a beautiful song on the piano. everyone had their eyes closed and i opened them (to wipe the tears out of my eyes) and there were people just flocking to the steps. and every single person he hugged. it was one of the most incredible things i have ever seen. ive never seen a pastor so compassionate. then he prayed with all of them and it was so incredible to see all the people sitting on the steps of the stage. some were in their teens. a few were in their early twenties and so many of them were middle age and even old men and women. broken. humbled. and full of grace. it was so moving and the Holy Spirit was so beautiful in that service. i couldnt stop crying. after he prayed with all the people coming foward he asked all the christians in their seats to come forward. all of those struggling, all of those who are feeling weary. and he came over and prayed with them. he was accepting them AS THEY WERE. he didnt expect them to be perfect. he knew they needed prayer. it was...amazing. words cant fill anything to show how unbelievable it was. i have never in my life felt so close to God. i felt like He was as close to me as my mom who was sitting right next to me. and i got this imagine of me laying in His lap like a little girl. and i felt so protected and so safe. like His little princess. i wish i could describe the way it made me feel. i felt....loved. but more so then any earthly love could ever compare too. all i know is that He is extravagant. and i love Him more then my heart can share.

i asked for strength. i asked for peace. i asked for help. and He's been showing me all these things and more. God is so good!

1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because GOD IS LOVE."

Ephesians 6:23-24 "Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love."

No comments:

Post a Comment