Tuesday, May 26, 2009

___

Ive been thinking a lot lately about men and the roles they play in the lives of women. In todays society it is normal for a man to be feminine and not masculine. To me, that is the most unattractive thing ever. God put men on this earth to be the strength and power of the nation. I dont necessarily think women shouldnt have power but I think that when we step outside our normal roles as men and women we are throwing off the balance of relationships. Dominant women and submissive women should not happen. I want a man who will be a protector, a provider, a strong point. Someone to be the foundation of my family. My dad told me a few weeks ago I need to find a man who is the foundation of my marriage and I as the woman can fill the insides with love and nurture. Sometimes I fear that I wont find exactly what I desire but I know God is good and He will provide and always knows what best for me. I had a talk with some friends today about how God designed men and women and how they compliment each other so well. Men are strong where women lack strength and women are strong where men need it most. It is a perfect harmony and that is why men and women are meant to be together. I just think it is sad how much relationships have changed and how I am considered "old fashioned" and "out of date" because I am saving myself for marriage and wear a promise ring. That it is old fashioned to think that the man should be the one who goes for the women and persues her, instead of vice versa. That somehow old fashioned became having morals and values and self respect. It is a sad nation we live in and the moral fiber of todays society is slowly diminshing. I know there are at least three people out there who still respect themelves and how sacred love and marriage is.

Those three are what still give me hope theres still a chance for us out there.

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame."
Song of Solomon 8:6


"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."
Ephesians 5:25


"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
1 John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment